Micronutrients, as opposed to macronutrients (protein, carbohydrates and fat), are comprised of vitamins, minerals, and co-factors which are required in small quantities to ensure normal metabolism, growth, and physical wellbeing.
Vitamins are essential organic nutrients, most of which are not made in the body, or only in insufficient amounts, and usually must be obtained through food. When dietary intake of a vitamin is inadequate, deficiency disorders result. Although vitamins are only present and required in minute quantities, compared to the macronutrients, they are just as vital to health and need to be considered in the context of nutrition quality. Minerals are inorganic nutrients that also play a key role in ensuring health and wellbeing. As with vitamins, minerals are found in small quantities within the body and they are obtained from a wide variety of foods.
Every physiological function in your body requires micronutrients to function optimally. Vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants play a key role in:
- Producing and releasing energy
- Strengthening the immune system
- Reducing systemic inflammation
- Protecting against free radical damage
- Protecting against the development, progression, and recurrence of cancer.
- Maintaining insulin sensitivity
- Slowing down cellular aging
- Promoting the health of all tissues: skin, bone, brain, breast, gut, prostate, heart, etc.
- Maintaining a healthy hormonal balance (i.e. thyroid, sex hormones, adrenal hormones, neurotransmitters/brain hormones, etc.)
Vibrant’s Micronutrient test is the only test that provides a comprehensive extracellular and intracellular assessment of the levels of the most important vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fatty acids, and amino acids. Knowing both your extracellular and intracellular micronutrient levels are key to a thorough understanding of your nutritional requirements at a foundational level, which may contribute to your risk for disease, while simultaneously and positively impacting your overall health and well-being.
Who should run the Vibrant micronutrient test?
If you are experiencing:
- Advanced aging
- Stress, feeling tired, or chronic fatigue
If you suffer from:
- Chronic diseases like diabetes, cardiovascular conditions, and/or arthritis
- Skin problems
- Numbness/tingling in your hands or feet
- Weakened Immune system
- Digestive Issues/disorders like celiac, wheat sensitivity, IBS, IBD, and SIBO
If you have a history of:
- Long-term use of prescription medications
- Poor diet
If you are someone who is a:
- Athletic competitor/exercise regularly
- Vegan or vegetarian